Tuesday, December 09, 2008

HTC Diamond Backlight Problem - Good things come in small packages (maybe 'slightly' damaged)

Just when I thought I'll gift myself the perfect phone for Christmas! Came across this write up on Gizmodo.

Apparently one of the hottest phones out there (and it has nothing to do with running WM!) seems to have a serious problem. Serious as it gets... after a few minutes of operation, the backlight becomes dim... wait for it... permanently! Before you ask, no it's not a Microsoft bug.

I am at a loss now. For quite sometime now, I've been after the elusive 'smart'phone. First it was the Touch, then the Cruise, then the Tytn II, then the Diamond. The G1 design is downright ugly and the iPhone... well lets just leave it at that. And the Storm? That's a laugh!

All I ever wanted was a decent WM phone - sleek, eyecandy, mail, games and yes make calls. Is that too much to ask? I mean with all these years of experience, somebody ought to get it right. And I thought the Diamond was the one for me (dramatic pause).

That said, I'm still on the prowl for a good deal on the Touch HD. At £500 way over my budget. Boxing day perhaps. The Max 4G is droolalicious but WiMAX is not something I'd surfing on any time soon. (And does it run on a battery or do you need to buy the generator:p ) Guess I'll wait for 2009...

All this proves: too much research will leave you heart broken, frustrated, jealous craving for the next best thing out there. And I'm talking about the phone here...

Update: As on 10:53 pm 9 Dec I'm the 'proud' owner of an XDA Ignito... impulsive buy! No comments please.

1 comment:

retarded said...

Atta boy! well said.
anyway, the only thing we can do is opt for a phone which has had its predecessors. at least a lot of cock ups would be up on the net by the time we think to buy it!

Wimax isnt a big problem for HTC based phones [am experienced] and doesnt eat up much battery [may be it also depends on the pages i look at. [[Cricinfo's home page and live score cards arent too flashy :))))]]

good luck with Ignito