Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Mail Goggles: Google Mamma Watching

This is a brilliant one! I'll quote directly from the Gmail Blog
"Sometimes I send messages I shouldn't send. Like the time I told that girl I had a crush on her over text message. Or the time I sent that late night email to my ex-girlfriend that we should get back together. Gmail can't always prevent you from sending messages you might later regret, but today we're launching a new Labs feature I wrote called Mail Goggles which may help." Check out the Blog here.
How it works is by asking you a few arithmetic questions. See the screenshot below.


The default setting is to activate Mail Goggles on weekends and that too late night. Quite imaginative. And I'm pleasantly surprised such a simple idea has been taken up by and put into an application millions of people use!

Can't deny that I haven't had the urge to send out quite a few email under the influence of herbal products. What next Google? Decide when the best time would be to send the email? Gimmie a break! Link to my earlier post: Technology & Me

1 comment:

prav said...

man... ur rite about that... coupla time iv also sent ot mails under 'undue' influence, which i later wished i didnt!! ofcourse, always to the opposite sex... ;)